I did an update from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5s this morning. After installing the update, my iPhone started constantly rebooting and showing blue screen. It sucks, isn’t it? Luckily I made a backup before the update, so I was able to restore my phone in recovery mode. Here’s what I did to fix the problem.
- Hold both home and power buttons, let go of both buttons as soon as the phone turns off (screen goes black).
- On your computer, open iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version.
- Plug in your iPhone USB cable to your computer. Do NOT plug in your phone yet.
- Hold down home button and plug in your iPhone. Continue holding home button until you see the connect to iTunes logo on screen. iTunes on your computer will popup an alert message that an iPhone has been detected in recovery mode.
- Select restore and follow the instructions. Do not disconnect your phone until it’s fully restored and updated to iOS 8.0.2
P.S. iTunes complained that it could not find the phone after select restore in step 5. I had to repeat the above step1-5 and finally made it work.